MORE THAN GOLF
If you are looking for more outside of golf, enjoying your luxury accommodation, eating and drinking and exploring the souks, palaces, gardens and museums of Marrakech then whatever your interest outside of golf we can arrange it – sports, shopping, country clubs, camel rides or trips to the coast, Atlas mountains, desert and so on….. Simply put, More Than Golf Marrakech.
We will discuss your requirements and where necessary book your chosen activity as part of your tailored trip. Some activities are best booked in advance to avoid disappointment, others can be booked during your stay as the mood takes you. We have carefully selected suppliers that will provide the best experiences and that we are happy to do ourselves – we are impartial. And if you have the time for a 3 day adventure, then why not consider a trip of a lifetime to our luxury desert camp.
Below are some examples of available activities, by no means exhaustive. We are continually adding new options based on our research and client feedback.
Marrakech is really one of the best places to indulge and pamper yourselves.
- A visit to a luxury spa/hamman for relaxing or invigorating treatments
- Post golf massage
- A day at a country club
- Hot air ballooning
As well as golf Marrakech offers a host of sporting activities to suit all levels from the extreme to the gentle.
- Yoga & Pilates
- Ski-ing in Oukaïmeden (80k from Marrakech; January-mid March only)
- Quad biking
- Off-road driving
TRIPS & EXCURSIONS
There is no shortage of fascinating trips and excursions (short, half day, day and longer) that can be made both within and outside of Marrakech. We will usually suggest a private driver and transport rather than an organised group tour. This ensures you see what you want to without the pressure of time and having to visit places or shops you would rather not.
- Guided walking tours of Marrakech
- Explore the souks with our guide
- E-bike tours of Marrakech
- The Atlas mountains, Berber villages, Ouzoud waterfalls
- The coast – Essaouira with its Medina, beach and argan oil producers
- Ourika valley (hiking)
- Ouarzazate & Ait Benhaddou (film set and World UNESCO heritage site)
- Design your own – e.g. quad bike, sunset camel ride and spa!
- Desert trips (if you want to experience the real Sahara desert allow for a 3 day trip)
FOOD & COOKING
A large number of cooking schools, classes and food tours are now available in Marrakech to introduce you to the exotic Moroccan food with its myriad of spices. At all the cooking events you get to eat what you make!!! Options include but are not limited to:
- A trip to the market to purchase ingredients and cooking with the in-house chef in your Riad or Villa
- Formal ½ day cooking class at the top notch La Maison Arabe cooking school
- ½ day class at the Amal Centre in Targa, a not for profit organisation empowering women through culinary skills
- Gourmet food tours
- Evening street food tour
- Walk the Kasbah sandwich tour
- Pottery classes (if you want to make your own tagine pot!)